My 25th birthday was a blast. We celebrated it with a chinese family style dinner and then an all nighter at "Round 1" - a 6 story amusement park venue that includes everything from batting cages and minature golf, tennis and BB guns, nerf ball obstacle courses and roller blading, massage chairs equipped with personal TVs and a full floor of arcade games, to kick boxing and bowling. It's insane. and all this for 7 hours for $15!!! An all night - do whatever you please wherever you please however you please for 7 hours for the low low low price of 15 bucks! unbelievable!
The whole night I was running around like a kid on acid. All I needed to complete the night was a hand full of bright pink cotton candy and I would be estactily in heaven. Found out how much I missed and loved roller blading. Found out I still haven't the slightest idea how to ride a bike, let alone an automatic low rider slow speed motorbike. Found an arcade game where the sole purpose is to walk your dog through a neighborhood. Comes equipped with a full-on treadmill and a fake dog at the front with a fake leash that moves from left to right. I spent 5 minutes (sadly, maybe more), and I still couldn't figure out how the game worked. but it was silly. and it amused me for quite some time.
I think everyone had fun. A few people crashed by about 4am. People who came...
Lets see...to the dinner it was Jesse, Kristine, Ayaka, Ming, Roy, Sara, Dan, Satako, Dan2, Krista, Andy, Jonna Lynn, Mark Coehlo, Mark Dutelle...is that 14? yup...
everyone but Ayaka and Dutelle came to Round 1.
Unfortunately, Andy broke his tiny pinky toe finger on his left foot while playing soccer. So him and Jonna Lynn left early (around 230am). He went to the hospital Sunday. Got surgery on Monday (they do surgery for everything here!!) and...gets the whole week off. I'd say...the trade off of having a tiny toe broken, for a whole week off school and paid, nonetheless, is pretty sweet. I hope he's ok. JL says so. So that's good.
The chinese food was decent. Lacked beef. Because you can't get beef in Japan unless you wanna pay $100 for it in Kobe. Which by the way, we did. and....unfortunately, sad to report, Jesse, Maura, and I have to say it's worse than a $15 outback steak house steak. But Kristine claims it was savory and melt in your mouth. We all had the same cut!! So...who knows what went wrong. Well...J, M, and I DID order medium and she ordered rare. apparently "international definitions" of meat cooking must be different cuz in Japan "medium" means charcoal well done. and rare means pink. Maybe we just had a bad cook and Kristine got lucky. Anyway, it was a waste of $100. but at least i can say i tried real kobe beef. hmph. ha. So yea, um...back to my point. its very difficult to find beef in any chinese restaurant here because beef is just too expensive to come by. so any "beef" dish you'd normally see at Sam Woo...is instead traded with pork or chicken. which is fine i guess. just...interesting.
ok, gotta run. I gotta tell my teacher I made a mistake with my flight dates. ah!
O and yes...this new school is a heaven sent. I know it's still only the second week, but it's amazing. Honeymoon phase or no honeymoon phase. I think anything is better than the hell hole I was stuck in last year. Makes me both sad and happy being here. Sad cuz I KNEW i was being neglected and "abused" at that last school, but you dont REEEALLY know until you see what's the norm in sincerity and human niceness....but happy because ... people are nice! and...they're people! and they treat me like a person!
I can get into that later.
thanks for reading ;)
j9
No comments:
Post a Comment