Sunday, January 18, 2009

7degreesC to Hail in one afternoon

One, it terrifies me that I wake up in the morning, check my phone for the daily weather report, and get concerned when it reads it's gonna be 7degrees today. Concerned cuz that's warm...How do I dress for 7 degrees!? Too warm to wear my jacket; not warm enough to go without thermal underwear. But is it also toooo warm to wear thermal underwear! ~sigh~ who knew the day would come when 7degreesC confuses me...because I think that 7degreesC is too warm.
anyhow, ... more interestingly...it went from a very unexpected high of 7 today, to hail. It's hailing right now, and I'm about to get off work, and I don't have an umbrella. go figure.
Nah, it should be fine.

Tracy - thanks so much for the sweet message!!! Man....the other day, a japanese lady asked me how long I'd been in Japan for...I thought...counted in my head...gave a confused look...counted again....replied with "4 months" and then looked at her in complete shock, cuz I couldn't believe it's already been 4 months. FOUR MONTHS!!! How!?? When!?? I feel like I can't count all the months I've been here, it's gone so effortlessly fast. ... Sorry to hear it's been slow on the western side of the world. =(
I say we still plan a trip together -- this summer. I'll have 2 weeks off in July or August - I'm down for S.America if you still are. =) What are you up to nowadays anyway? Still with Mel on that Mexico show? write me an email with updates! How was New Years!?? Spend it with Nancy? Family?
I'm about 3/4 done with Twilight. They kissed. TWICE! AHHHH!!! EEK!!! lol =p
too much for me to handle.

I definitely regret not buying the other 2 books now -- seeing as how if I bought them here it'd cost me like $30. laaaame. And I have difficulty reading things online - so I may ask Ryan to ship me the other two from China. haha. it'd still be cheaper. You seriously read all 4 books on your computer!!?? Man, how do u do that?

Naaaancy!! I wanna hear how your vacation was too! I'm sad I can't make the New Year's potluck!!! =( eat a dumpling in my honor. =)

other than that...updates...updates...
I still need to find a victim to help strap me into the BEAUTIFUL corset Vanessa made for me. I wanna get that done soon...just so I can prance around in my beautiful corset for a night. haha. And so I can send V pics. =) I asked one girl here...and she gave me a weird look/reply like I was asking her to butter my turkey or something. Is it really THAT strange to ask a friend to help you into a corset!?? I mean, I'll wear an undershirt. haha. well...I'll ask another.

O, I start my elementary school run this thursday. I'm EXCITED!! ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS! My god, it'll be a classroom full of biserkness and laughing and tugging and pulling and gushing and ooing and ahhhing. I can see it now....=D I'll let you guys know how that goes.
Usually, JETs have a month or two visit to elementary schools each year. For a month, you visit a different elementary school every 2-3 days. And you're usually the only foreigner ALT (assistant language teacher) they'll get all year. So it's a big deal for the schools. And a lot of JETs get worn out from the energy exhaustion they experience. But I'm totally looking forward to it. =)

o ... eek. sorry....I'm supposed to cut down on school and kids talk...haha. well...I haven't met them yet. So...I'm gonna say this is an OK exception. heehee

1 comment:

  1. what four books? who? me ryan? i have audio books on my computer... and sheet music? i mean, i've read four pages of sheet music on my computer screen... so confused

    ReplyDelete