Friday, May 1, 2009

Stuck in the Philippines?

An email from my supervisor...

___

To everyone,

Some of you are going to abroad this week, but as you know the news says about the “swineflu” everyday. The latest news reported that in US Texas, California had recognized the infected person there. Korea , Canada ,too. the WHO announced the current condition is “phase 5” (their scale). *phase 6 is the alert of the “pandemic” and all moving of people between countries will be prohibited. They say we are in serious condition now.

Japanese ministry also announced in response to this WHO’s message, they’ve just started quarantine at the international airport (flight from US, Canada , Mexico so far…).

Please check the news all the time and update the information (especially about airport and flight info.)

My guess is that if this goes worse, the Japanese international airport (Narita, Nagoya, Kansai) will be so crowded and have influence on the over-sea flight schedule, (delay or cancel).

In case you find you can’t back on the scheduled date due to the flight delay or other problems, let me know soon. I’ll let your school know if necessary.

Best regards,

Ito

___

Personally, I think it'd make for an awesome story if this N1H1 Flu reached Level 6 and we were 1) stuck in the Philippines for an undetermined amount of time. 2) quarentined in Korea (our layover)

I'd like to see Mr. Ito's face when I miss elementary school days - that he persistently reminded me NOT to miss, 3 times in 2 days. Heehee. (Don't say that out of meanness, it would just be slightly amusing)

Philippines are great. The weather is perfect - how'd we get so lucky! Not half as bad as we expected. We're in manila for the night. Waiting to go to Palawan.
I'll update again soooon.
-j9

1 comment:

  1. be careful hun... being in quarantine is not all that fun

    ReplyDelete