Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dancing Queen

Everyday the 7th graders at my school begin their lesson singing ABBA's "Dancing Queen", "Do Re, Me" from Sound of Music, and "Edelweiss."
It's absolutely glorious.
13 year old Japanese students singing "see that girl...she is the daaanciiiiiiiing quuuuuuuueeen."
beautiful.

for the 1st 2 weeks when we i sang do, re, me and edelweiss with the kids, i started tearing up in class. haha, why!!?
Edelweiss is just a really sad sweet song, don't you think?. Odd choice to teach the kids...but the kids love it.
they sing these songs all day. they're catchy. they sing 'em during lunch, after school, during basketball practice. and when i catch em humming, they get embarassed. 
and in some classes, when we sing, if it's a class with a notable class clown, a few of the kids stand up and scream and dance. looooove it.

anyhow...i don't have anything specific to say, i just know it's been a while since i've posted.
I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited to come home! I'm getting antsy. =D

tracy -- I'll spend sunday night at your place...the 26th. And then the 27th on set. And then around 11pm I gotta head to the airport...I'll figure more specifics later. But you definitely have the 27th. haha

i'll try to come to LA either Monday, tues, or wed -- for dinner with you and nancy. and all the catching up we need to do.
show is a cool possibility!! Maybe even a musical! heehee

i'm booked thursday - sunday.

sat-mon (18-21)...I might be...in SD with nancy and ryan?
It's all a little in the air.

Hm...and 3 things I'm most excited for when I come home:
1. driving
2. frosted shredded mini-wheats with ice-cold organic non-fat milk. =P
3. seeing all of yooooou!! old friends and family. =)

gotta run to class!
-j9

No comments:

Post a Comment