Thursday, December 17, 2009

Something's Coming Over Me...

I don't like it when I absentmindedly stare off into space and realize by the change in your expression or the movement of your eyes, ahead of me, like how a cat's full attention can be peaked just by the slight silly shimmer of something shiny in the distance, that I've actually been staring straight through you. for god knows how long. But you think I've been staring at you.
So then there's that split second of awkward.
...
So I advert my eyes but then when I advert back to make sure no social treaty has been breached, I see you're (now) still staring at me.
with that look.
...
That look.

sigh.
I find myself staring off into nothing a lot lately.
Dr, is this something to be concerned about? Will my eyes permanently glaze over without ever my knowledge of it? I feel like I'm close.
so close...
to the top of the wooooorld. looking down on creeeeation. and the only explanation I caaaan find. Is...
The Carpenters.
Brought to you by 40 adorable 12 year old Japanese kids.
sigh again

This is the doing of boredom. And not just plain old boredom. But the own boredom of too many thoughts. But then again...these thoughts. Aren't really boredom. Are they? They're for safety. and entertainment. and reassurance. A way for your brain to unrealistically cope with the realities around you, in no sensible manner to anyone but yourself. all so you don't pull out your hair...or...wiggle your arms in the air...or commit something else that's equally as brash.

well then.
that's out of the bag.
the cat. that cat. and the bag. and that. and that bag. all out.
there you have it.

So I got my recontract earlier this week. WHEW! Omg, that would have been the shame of the decade, if I didn't get it. But now that the "investigation" is over, I swear, it was like my supervisor was on *weed*, he was as high as a fly on a kite, handing me my recontract papers. When just 3 weeks ago, sitting at the same desk, in the same chairs, he was berating me like a 5 year old kid, while I'm in tears, threatening me that the board of education probably won't offer me a recontract cuz they can't trust me. Cuz I lost a $100 transportation card...that I, a week later, compensated for.
Sigh.
Japanese people.
Never know with them.

Also, I saw Up! and The Informant. LOVED the Informant. There were a few scenes in the middle where you felt like...ok...you were almost a superb movie, and then you had to go on and drag for 10 minutes too long. But other than that, loved it.
Up...some scenes were epically good. I cried AT LEAST 12 times in that movie. Yes I know, I cry at everything. It's not hard to make me cry. But...that just means...you pulled the right strings, I'm your demographic, you did a great job! Loved it! I felt the movie as a whole, lacked cohesiveness. So I wont say it's the best movie of the year. But there were definitely moments where it could redeem itself in the .... top 5 slot.

I leave for Thailand and Cambodia tomorrow. Scary. 3 weeks.
Scary cuz there are peanuts there!!
=P
And the few people who would get that reference...don't read my blog...
well...yup.
I'll miss you.
But I'll try to keep an update once a week.
<3
j9

No comments:

Post a Comment