hm, picture, picture...
what's a good picture to post....
awh, here we go.
the teacher's staff room. When I walked in here on my first day, I literally stopped in my tracks to absorb the complete shock and amusement I had at the sight of the heaps of crap on these teacher's tiny little desks. 40 teachers, all crammed into this tiny staff room, smaller than the wood or home-ec classrooms, but incredibly lived in, packed rat-ted, and homey. Haha, my favorite desk is one belonging to my fellow Japanese-English teacher who sits behind me - I don't know how he does it, but he's got every tiny little space covered on his desk with feet high worth of crap. And then he built this box thingy, to go on top of the crap, to stick his tiny laptop in, and then pile more crap on top of the box. Unbelievable and it amuses me everytime I come in the morning. If I'm finished grading papers for him, I never know where to put it, where it won't get lost, and won't completely distract him.
Sorry, I don't think his actual desk is in this photo, but you get the idea. This is only about 2/3 of the staffroom - and actually it's more or less, the clean, more uncluttered 2/3rds of the room (because in the forefront of this photo, is the home-ec and PE teacher's desk....and since they have little physical "work" needed for their classes, and they hardly occupy the staff room, their desks are more an empty venue for the other teachers to take advantage of, when grading papers, eating lunch, or whatever - becaaaaaause their own desks are too freakin' overcrowded). Anyway, against the blackboard on the left is where the principal and vice-principal sit side by side, all day - at the same size desks as all of the rest of us. And...my desk is off in the lower left corner, out of frame. But there's nothing interesting in or around or on top of it. So...that's a useless fact that I've just provided you. =)
what are all those cords hanging from the ceiling?
ReplyDelete