Friday, December 26, 2008

Bird's Nest

Hey Look.
It's me in front of the 2008 Beijing Olympics Bird's Nest.
I saw some nongcun (poor countryside farmer people) get their cheap Olympic knock-off goods thrown all over the place and then get dragged out of the stadium by screaming communist policemen. That was interesting.

I'll share some more Beijing stories later. Though, I have to say, being a few days into the trip...it's slightly not all I expected (which...is to be expected  <--- right? go figure). But that's ok....we've still got 2 and half weeks left...

Oh, BUT... lame that I found this in Beijing, and that I'm watching it on my vacation time in China...but one of Ryan's roommates introduced me to a very entertaining, very addictive Japanese TV show called "Yasuko to Kenji"...
I'm becoming quite keen to this Kenji character....=) his "frustrated over-the-top goofy testosterone" and his extreme love for his sister is incredibly endearing (<--- which really means, his character is SUPER cute and he makes me giggle...a lot). must...watch...more. =P
see...he's a cutie.

PS - I've added a few photos to previous posts (so you can flip through 'em real quick...haven't gotten around to posting any of these on facebook either, obviously...). but anyway, thought it'd be nice to give the blog some more personality. all these words...I don't know how you guys keep up. =)

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog on my google reader and I had no idea your layout has changed and I must say I like it very much.

    Your card was such a treat! Only in Japan will you find that type of cards and I love how it says "Happy Merry Christmas". Thanks for the card!

    Now I feel like more of a lame ass not have sent anything to you yet. That'll be one more thing added to the New Year Resolutions.

    Very jealous now that you're in Beijing! Eat extra food for me!

    Say hi to Ryan for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love that tv show! when you come home, i will give you some more to watch!

    ReplyDelete